Sunday, February 15, 2009

Success ! Valentine Day + 1 and THANK YOU !

Thank You !
Without a doubt, yesterday was the best Valentines day I have ever had. All because everyone here was willing to help me out for the past 14 days.  Thanks to EVERYONE who helped out, either giving me ideas, forwarding my e-mails, commenting to Fawn on the last day or just reading this blog and keeping me going.  When I started I had no idea what I was getting into or how it would turn out.  But now sitting on the other side it was well worth it, and has turned around a day that I honestly dreaded each year.  Thank you for helping this crazy idea actually work !

The Final Story
Fawndear blogged about what happened yesterday on her blog, but from my side it went better than I had hoped.  Late Saturday night I finally posted the final blog after several revisions then went to bed.  She usually get’s up very early and reads some in the morning.  That is when she first read some of the early posts on Fawndear and went to my blog.  I was asleep (So I did not get any pictures) but she had NO IDEA whatsoever that I had been spending my evenings in the blog-space running this blog.  I then woke up and she (well…um…) let me know that it was a success !

Why it was a success and what I learned from this:
This was a very interesting experience for me.  I learned some things I did not expect and I wanted to write them down so that if other guys ever need an idea or a lesson they can read it here.

  1. Blogs are Hard !: I had no idea how much time they took.  The blogging about the presents were as hard and time consuming as making each present.  However the collective suggestions from the blog made it worth it.
  2. TAKE A RISK ! Guys, take a risk… It might turn out, or you might end up looking like a fool in public… but then again…it might turn out !
  3. Nothing is the best thing ! From all the gifts this last 2 weeks the best 2 were the cheapest and the hardest to do.  These were when I had her take a morning off and offered to watch the kids during lunch on one day.  These both were suggestions on the blog, and they turned out great.  Nothing was what she really wanted !
  4. Chocolate and Flowers: Are a ‘must’ but they cannot be the center (more like the side-dish)… Think of it this way, you are grilling a meal (Steak/hamburgers/hot-dogs) may be the main dish, but on the side you need chips and salsa.  The flowers and chocolate is the chips and salsa, they make it nicer but if you only show up with the chips and salsa for a grill, it is not much of a meal.
  5. Finally do something different: This is hard, but I know of a great way to get new ideas for something different.

Again, thanks to everyone who help make one guy’s Valentine’s day great.  I have no idea if I will ever try something like this again, but perhaps the 12 days of Christmas would make a fun blog.

Thank You !

14dayguy !

1 comment: