Friday, February 13, 2009

Getting Ready !

OK; Nearly ready. I spent some time today sending out as many emails to as many people as I know telling them to get on the blog and get ready for tomorrow.

I have no idea how far it has gone out, but here is the email

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PLEASE READ AND FORWARD TO YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY AND MEMBERS

The Gig: OK here is the gig. I have setup a valentine blog http://14dayguy.blogspot.com where I have been asking suggestions for gifts for a wife. Fawn knows about this blog but she DOES NOT know that it is me that is doing it. My idea was to get a ton of great ideas, deliver them, and then have her realize on valentine day that I am the mystery blogger on 14dayguy ! (Think ‘You’ve got mail’)

How it will go down: I have already given her all the gifts but she does not know that I am 14dayguy. So tomorrow I am going to post a blog about her and (um… gosh…well…you know…gee..) how I feel about her and will then have a link to her blog. BUT THEN I NEED HELP !

I need help: I then need you and about every-other person that you know (Cousins, friends, church members, etc…) to read the blog then follow the link to her blog and make a comment. When she realizes that everyone is making a comment from the 14dayguy she is going to follow the comments back and then….Ahh… realize that the whole 14dayguy blog was for her. (Sweeeet !)

What to do: Really easy,
(1) Today forward this email to as many people that have a soft heart for mushy/corny love stories like ‘You’ve got mail’ (Heck forward it to even people who don’t.
(2) Tomorrow, read my blog at http://14dayguy.bogspot.com,
(3) Follow the link to her blog (I will link it there) and make a comment !
(4) Finally sit back and feel the warm satisfaction you get when you realize that just through you, and email, an internet connection, a blog site, and the billions of computers on the internet was just used to help a clueless man give his wife a valentine gift.

What NOT to do: DO NOT FORWARD THIS TO HER (IF YOU KNOW HER)
Please send this to as many people that you know but DO NOT forward to lists or other blogs that she might be on (like craft blogs, and MothersOnMotercycles )

Thank you to EVERYONE who has already been on the blog. This is the first time I have ever seen this done, and my hope is that this will turn out. Who knows? But either way I will blog what happens.

14dayguy !

No comments:

Post a Comment