Friday, February 13, 2009

My Valentine ! – From 14DayGuy

 

Today, for valentine’s day I have no gift to give her, other than to tell the world who she is, and why she is my Valentine.  I have spent the last 14 days running this blog (No easy task for a man I might say) and getting these little gifts about how I see her, but today, I can now spill the beans and let her know that this blog is really about HER !

Who is my Valentine? Fawndear !Christmas Card 07- 023

http://fawndear.blogspot.com
Fawndear and I have been married for quite some time and over the past year she has told the world about the good/bad/and sometimes the ugly that goes on in our home.  So because of this I felt that for my Valentine gift I would make her this blog !

About Fawndear !

Well if you have been following this blog, you know that every day I picked a theme.  The themes were all something special about Fawndear that I wanted the world to know about.  I thought it would be fun to do some gifts around these themes.  But today there was NO theme, because today it was just about her, my valentine that I love,

I need your help ONE MORE TIME

For today I am asking everyone who reads this blog to go to http://fawndear.blogspot.com and make a comment that you found about her from 14dayguy and the blog here.  She can then come here to read this, and (I hope) make the same face that Meg Ryan makes at the end of ‘You’ve got mail’ when she realizes that Tom Hanks was really the person she was reading email’s about all the time !

Fawndear in 14 days

Day 1: Something for Nothing: Every day she runs the home. Get’s up before me, does the dishes, kids, everything.  I did it for ONE morning, I gave her it off, but let me tell you she does a LOT.  I lover her for it !

Day 2: Chocolate:
She was really funny here.  She LOVES  chocolate, and I knew it.  I got her some chocolate shakes from our health store and chocolate covered (Sugar free) almonds.  I lover her for it !

Day 3:Health:
This is a BIG one for her.  A couple of years ago she changed her live (Or I should say saved her life) totally with a focus on health.  See (http://fawndear.blogspot.com/2007/12/dream-come-true.html) This is a picture of us after at 10k near our home last summer !  I TOTALLY LOVE HER FOR THIS


Picture 304  
I got her a water bottle that she takes to the gym. (nice and pink)

Day 4: Pampering at Home: This one fell flat.  I tried to set up a day where we would do an in-home spa.  It never really worked.  We got the bathroom clean but in the end she just enjoyed having the clean area, but to be honest she is more of the get-in-the dirt type of girl and not the spa type.  And I love her for this.

Day 5: Love in the Garden: She loves gardening.  Plain and simple.  I spent a few (say 30 min) outside the other day but no-matter what I did I could not get her to come inside.  If she had a day I am convinced it would be outside in the dirt.  And I love her for this.
Picture 465

Day 6: Let the games begin:  Also not one of my better days.  I got ‘Pass the Pigs’  Great game but not really a Valentine gift.  OK but she does love playing with the kids and I love her for that

Day 7: For the kids: No doupt, she is a mother.  Just read her blog and everything is about the kids.  Just check what she did for Valentine’s for the kids (http://fawndear.blogspot.com/2009/02/insufferable-contest.html And I love her for this.

Day 8: The gift of time: And she needs time.  I offered to watch the little one for one hour this week.  Wow that was hard, but I love her for what she can spend her time on.

Day 9: Flowers: She loves plants, and flowers.  I got her a small flower pot with a flower it it, but I love her for her for the flowers around our home.

Day 10: A little crafty: WOW, she has the craft gene coming out everywhere.  She started a second blog just for crafts (http://www.mommyblessings.com/) but I love her for all the little things she can do that I know I could NEVER do.
(Here are some dresses she made with her mom last summer from old T shirts…)
Picture 787
I got her 10$ for Michaels

Day 11: The sound of music:  Every night and every morning the family goes to sleep and will wake up to music in the home. I made her a new CD for waking up the family.  I love her for this.

Day 12: Love that can grow: I also gave her some seeds for the garden.  I wanted to help plant them (see day 5) but by the time I woke up the next day she had already planted them all.  Tomatoes, and peppers !  I love her for this, and I know I will REALLY love her when we make salsa this fall !

Day 13: Listen to your heart: Finally the last thing that I got for her was a  new phone for the home and setup Skype. (Really a guy/geeky thing) but the idea was that her heart is in our home, and I wanted to make sure that no-matter where she/or I were we could always communicate back home.  This was really my toy that she let me fiddle with and I love her for that.

Day 14: For My Valentine: And today, it is just about her, and I love her.  I loved her many years ago when we were young starting this path together, I love her now as we follow this road and all the curves that we go through each day, and I look forward to where this will lead us.

Thank You:
Thanks to everyone who helped make this blog.  Thanks for all the suggestions, and thanks for taking the time to help me make this Valentine’s day.

Day14Guy

10 comments:

  1. Erik, this is one of the sweetest things I think I have ever read! I remember so well when you two meet, and I am so happy to see that after all these years you are still truly happy! What a great love story you two have! May you have a lifetime of joy and love for each other! Happy Valentines Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I feel like a smuck. I remember around the first of Feb. when Rkimedes mentioned that I should check out this blog because it's a guy trying to do 14 nice things for his wife just like my husband was trying to do for me. Maybe give the dude a couple of suggestions.

    However it's my month to not blog surf. I did peek over here once but thought the kind of suggestions I would leave probably wouldn't be appreciated by this guys wife.

    Honestly what wife would thrill at having a truckload of manure delivered for her garden as a gift? Just me. If any other guy brought that home he'd probably be tossed out on his ear. So I didn't come back or leave any comments. Sorry 14dayguy. I did however supply my dude with a huge list of all the things I would appreciate like a truckload of crap and what not.

    Yes, I'm lucky I found him, and that he cares enough to do something like this for me. In the past Valentines Day has been one of my least favorite holidays because he, um, like proposed to someone else on this day back in college. Somehow the roses and box of chocolates were insulting because flowers die and chocolate makes you fat, and that's what everyone does. So we avoided celebrating it. Until a couple of years ago when he did something similar to this year.

    So 14dayguy - I Love you too! I know that this type of thing isn't your thing at all and the fact that you would try so hard to show your love hasn't gone unnoticed. I thrill everyday knowing that you love me and even better, that you kind of understand what makes me tick. You give me space when I need it and are always there for me no matter how foul my mood.

    You are my bestest friend in the whole world and I couldn't imagine spending my life without you! You are my Prince, my Knight in Shining Armour. I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading FawnDear's blog for a while (I found her through Rkimedes) and as I was reading this one (14DayGuy), I wondered if you were her husband! I was right!!!

    This is so wonderful! I'm very glad to have been a part of this. Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik and Fawn you guys make a great couple, you are both self less people loving and care and you are so good for each other, When I grow up I want to be just like you Fawn. Erik you are so romantic what a great idea please try and take some pictures if you can catch fawn reading this blog.
    hope you guys have a great day together.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. How romantic - where did you get one of these 'guys' Fawn? =) Enjoy your 'love for each other day' today and every day! Lots of points for Erik ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record, if HRH brought me a truckload of crap for my garden, I'd be ecstatic :-)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fawn & Erik - you're both wonderful, generous, inspiring people. Thanks for making the world a little more fun & crazy!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Fawndear! You are one lucky girl. My brother and you are the cutest couple! I love your tea princess party. Wish we could have been there today with you. I hope my brother has the camera ready when you are reading these blogs for the first time. Happy Valentine's Day to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wahooo ! Success !!! She had NO IDEA ! ! ! Thanks to everyone who helped me make this one of the best valentines ever !

    THANK YOU !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful. Thank you both for being you. There aren't any others that could take your place in this world so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete