Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 1 - Um... I NEED HELP

What have I done ? Started a blog about my marriage? Insane? Perhaps, but perhaps not. I will find out in 14 days.

So here is the deal. I am doing 14 things for my wife, one a day for 14 days leading up to the biggest day of the year that all men FEAR. Valentine's day !

A GREAT IDEA... Perhaps?

This idea came to me today when I for the first-time in my life I have thought about Valentine's day before the 13th of February. (Typically I find myself in Walmart with about 50 other guys at 9pm on the 13th looking at the few remaining toasters. I figure that nothing says love like hot toast from a new toaster.)

So this morning I woke up, and realized after being married for, say 20 years, that this year will be different.

Instead of being completely unprepared and doing something completely stupid on the 14th of Feburary, I am going to do 14 of them. I mean not stupid ones.... but well I whish I would have thought of this 2 weeks ago, but hey, I also shop on December 24th...

NEED HELP

I need help. Not the professional help, but the help that only can come from blogs. So here is my plan.

1. Start a blog with a cute PINK background.
2. Email some friends, and have them pass on my blog to the other bloggers out there.
3. Every day I will write some theme about my wife.
4. And hope to heck that someone out there has some good ideas.

RULES

1. Must be super affordable (I figure some other guys might read this and need some ideas)
2. Must be rated-G (I will most likely get my kids to help out so ALL suggestions must meet a 9 year-old rating)

My hope is that I will get TONS of responses and great ideas that will save me from the Valentine nightmare that comes every year. If not, there is always the under-the-cupboard CD players on ebay.

**** DAY 1 **** SOMETHING ITALIAN

She loves Italian. In the different countries that she has traveled she has never been able to get to Italy, but she loves Italian and loves Italian food. I know I can do garlic bread and Ceasar Salad with thoes bread squares, but um, is there an Italian burger or something?

4 comments:

  1. Hello! And good luck on your venture!!

    For Italian - my favorite Italian dish is easy and fantastic! It's Chicken Piccata. Try searching for it on this site: http://www.italianfoodforever.com/

    Hope this helps a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) women love poetry. it doesn't have to be great. write her a poem about how much you love her and why.

    2) mix her a CD of all her favorite love songs.

    3) put together a photo album of pics of the two of you together through the years of your courtship and marriage

    4) do the laundry. trust me. women LOVE it when men do laundry. put her clean pjs on her pillow with a little love note.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents do this every year. Only one year it might be my Dad's turn and then the next year, my Mom's. This is very sweet. I don't know if anyone has said this yet (I have yet to read all comments), but perhaps taking care of the kids so she can have time alone shopping, or having coffee with a friend, then you and the kids do a real scrub down, tidy-the-house session while she's away! Not something romantic for the two of you to do obviously, but it sure says, "We appreciate all you do and want to give you a day off!"

    ReplyDelete