Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 11 - A little crafty !

First off, the last time I asked for help I was looking for something for the kids. I really like the idea of the cupon + a little thing from the $ bin. I actually figure I will pull my wife into helping me make the cupons.

So day 8 is now taken care of.... Kids Cupon plus a little gift.

You may be wondering (YES I REALISE that today is the 10th) how am I going to get day 8 done? Well in truth, I went solo for a couple of days (see 9-10) so it will be out of order but that should be OK... (Um unless she reads this blog...) Uh... Um... Well OK then.... onto day 11 !

Day 11- A little crafty !
OK, I do not do crafts. I look at them. I can appreciate the work that it took to make them. I can enjoy watching them made. But when God put these hands of mine together he did NOT add crafts skills (or art skills) skills to the list of things these hands could do. Good news is that she does do crafts ! So, for day 11, I am looking for a craft related to Valentine's day, love, or something you know.. a crafty wife would like. Something easy that I can print out the instructions, get everything, then let her do her magic. I looked on Google for some crafts (some were OK) but I wanted to open this up in by blog for any ideas of crafts that you have seen/done/or just thought were cool.

So far every day has been fantastic, and now that I am am nearing the final day, I am soooo glad that I started this.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS COMMENTED HERE !

8 comments:

  1. What kind of crafts does she like? You could get her a bunch of scrapbooking paper or a new scrapbook album to start. Beads to make her own jewlery. Stamps & card stock to make her own cards through the year.

    If you want something she can do with the kids, Wal-Mart has a line of Martha Stewart craft kits geared towards kids. They also have some paper flower kits that look really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamps! If you can find a stamp kit with some nice rubber stamps and some gorgeous and fun inks, along with some really fun card stock and paper - invitations, thank you notes, post cards, just fun things to do on the kids' lunches, or scrapbooking...

    If she knits/crochets/embroiders, what about a new place to store it all? Needles, thread, fabric, markers, tape measures, patterns...all take up space and can get horribly mangled if you're not careful.

    My mom used to paint, and one year, Dad got her a fabulous brush set from the local craft store, along with a nifty brush cleaning jar...it had this heavy metal coil in the bottom that collected the sediment from the oil paints, keeping the thinner clean for longer, so you didn't have to use so much...

    Quilter? Sewing? A gift certificate to her favorite store is always a good thing.
    Just remember to make it something fun, like a family tree quilt or embroidery piece.

    We all signed and hand-stamped a quilt at Christmas this year, so now all of us are immortalized on fabric for the 2008 holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polymer clay (Fimo or sculpey) is fairly inexpensive and doesn't take too much in the way of supplies. You can get a set of several different colors and there are tons of sites online with tutorials. This is also something she could enjoy with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could also get soap or candle making supplies. The molds are reuseable and the crafting is as simple as melting the soap or wax down and pouring them into the molds.
    A book on general crafting would be lovely as well because it would give her ideas for the whole year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. She loves the clay thing. I know because I see her working with it all the time. (She has some good tools already and is rather good at it... (I will post some pictures after on this blog.)

    So sticking with that theme, I am thinking that something with clay, but not sure since she allready has a lot of stuff. So... the gift certificate is now sounding like the better idea.

    OK, that is it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! What about a continuing ed class on something she's interested in? It doesn't necessarily fall into the super cheap category, but I know my local community college offers various ceramics classes, and the DSLR class I took there was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I couldn't really help with the craft thing. I used to be crafty. (No jokes, please.) But I have very little time for that now. And that goes back to the gift of time!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoever came up with the gift of time... Honestly that has been the best one so far out of this group. I do not want to spill the beans on what happened until after it is done, but just to say that the gift of time worked out great !

    ReplyDelete